WE’RE PLANTING AT CSI! The CSI organic market was formed with the intention of creating an on-site CSI COMMUNITY ORGANIC FARM.
There are several dozen chickens happily living on site, laying the freshest organic eggs, which are for sale.
To keep up to date on the farm, Like our page on Facebook at http://facebook.com/csifarm/.
We’re underway (come see for yourself) and it’s very exciting. Our Farm and associated programs will help to bring forth many important Jewish traditions and values related to ecology, agriculture, nutrition, healing/health, well-being, spiritual connection, social & environmental justice and the benefits of productive physical work.
There are many ways to get involved!:
• Planting! Come join the effort.
• Farm Committee Members are always needed
• Garden beds available to plant again this spring.
• Opportunities for programs, projects, part-time employment, internships, and more.
The community garden / farm at CSI will provide a space for the following:
• growing nutritious food and flowers;
• exercise, fresh air, and exposure to the natural elements;
• hands-on learning about gardening/growing, nutrition, well-being, and health;
• all formal and informal activities that can benefit from a space that is inspiring, beautiful and productive.
Did you know that CSI has solar roof panels? Well, we do!
We are the only synagogue in Northern Westchester to take this step towards saving energy. It’s just one of the ways that we acknowledge our responsibility for taking care of our world.
CSI sends electronic monthly invoices in order to reduce the need for paper.
From CFL’s to recycling and composting, we do our part to actively participate in Tikkun Olam.