The Rabbi’s Circle
The Rabbi’s Circle at CSI: Winner! 2011 Solomon Schechter (Sollie) Award in the category of Adult Education.
Started in 2006, The Rabbi’s Circle at CSI was created to address the desire of the CSI community for expanded programs of serious, stimulating adult learning that are open to all. Members participate at two levels: Bonim (Builders) commit to $1,800 over a three year period. N’davim (Supporters) commit to $180 per year. All programs are free and open to everyone!
Through the financial support of many of our members, The Rabbi’s Circle at CSI has been able to bring some of the finest speakers, academics and teachers in the Jewish community to Northern Westchester. To join or get more information, contact Rabbi Kane.
Our guests have included (listed alphabetically):
- Morris Allen: Connecting Kashrut to Social Justice
- Peter Beinart: The Failure of the American Jewish Community,
- General Wesley Clark: A Time To Lead: For Duty Honor & Country
- Dr. Evelyn Cohen: Reflections of the Past: Illuminated Manuscrcipts of the Middle Ages
- Dr. Benjamin Gampel: Muslim Power and Jewish Survival
- Dr. Neil Gillman: The Future of The Conservative Movement
- Jeffrey Goldberg: Israel’s dangerous year – The Arab Spring, Iranian Nukes and the Campaign to De-Legitimize the Jewish State
- Linda Gradstein: NPR Jerusalem Correspondent
- Yossi Klein Ha-Levi: How did the U.S. Elections affect Israel?
- Dr. Susannah Heschel: Jesus & Muhammed In The Eyes of Modern Judaism
- Rabbi Ron Hoffberg: “Stories of the Prague Jewish Community”
- Rabbi Jeffrey Hoffman: Unetaneh Tokef
- Reuven Kimmelman: Scholar-In-Residence
- Dr. Jon Levenson: Was Abraham the Common Father of Jews, Christians and Muslims?”
- Rahel Musleah: Jews of Calcutta
- Yossi Olmert: Israel, The Palestinians & Iran: A Strategic Briefing
- Michael Oren, currently Ambassador to Israel
- Dr. Debra Reed-Blank: What Are the Elements of a Meaningful Seder?
- Rabbi Arnold Resnicoff: “Faith & Foxholes: Religion in the Military”
- Gary Rosenblatt: Editor-In-Chief Jewish Week
- Danny Siegel: Mitzvot for everyone!
- Rabbi Gerald Skolnik: The Future of Conservative Judaism
- Noam Zion: “Shabbat at Home’.